Saturday, February 23, 2013

STUFF GOING ON






Not much time these days to catch up on my writing.  I do have a new story in the works and have managed to write one whole paragraph.  Whoppee!!!

Until I have time to stop the merry-go-round, I thought I throw out some snippets and let you all know that I am still alive, so don't be looking to peel me out of a snowbank I may have fallen into walking Sofie The Wonder Dog.




 
UPDATE ON ‘SNOWED’  - Since I got no response from The Dragon Lady about my concerns regarding the non-clearing of my driveway, I decided to take it to court and have filed an Application for Hearing with the Landlord & Tenant Board.  SCA has been served with the paperwork and the hearing date is in March.  I’ll let y’all know how it turns out.  Strangely enough (but in a good way) my driveway has been cleared in a much more timely manner since SCA was served.  Coincidence?  Or maybe The Dragon Lady realizes that I’m not one of those ‘little old ladies’ who will just go away?  I actually served the Notice of Hearing on The Dragon Lady herself and now I know what someone who just sucked on a nice, juicy, fresh lemon looks like.
 

Next twist in my life - a few weeks ago, I finally made contact with The Boss, aka The Delusional Moron.  I had to drive to Markham (Steeles & Woodbine) to find him but there he was, larger than life, in the office, with his new live-in girlfriend, Sing, who, I came to find out, has been given my job.  Nice, huh?  So, all these months stringing me along by telling me he wants me back, all for naught.  Another life lesson learned, ladies – never   wait for a man, no matter for what.   

I just spent six months waiting to be called back to work and now the woman who’s sleeping with The Delusional Moron has my job.  He really should know better than to mix business with pleasure, since the previous persona of the business was owned by his then-common-law wife, aka my BFF.  After their relationship imploded, so did business decisions and my relationship with her - sorry about the pause, folks

There’s a commercial on TV which starts off with a ringing doorbell.  Every time Sofie hears it, she emerges from her ‘cave’ barking, in guard mode.  I actually have to go to the door and open it, to prove to her that there’s no one there.  She barks all the way, then goes outside, still woofing at her fiercest, finally figures out that she’s been duped, has a pee and darts back in, like the hounds from hell are on her heels. 

So, where was I?  Oh yes, the BFF and The Delusional Moron.  She stayed working for him for about four or five months after their personal relationship swirled down the porcelain throne and I have to say, that was not a good situation for anyone.  The business was suffering and so was I, caught in the middle of these feuding foes. Needless to say, my BFF is no longer my BFF, mostly because I made the mature decision to stay working for her soon-to-be former common-law husband.  She didn’t like that.  Oh well.  Such is life. 

Anyhoo, that brings me to writing  the next chapter in my life and becoming my own boss by starting up my own business.  At least then I know for sure  that The Boss is not delusional, although some of my family and friends might debate that.  I’m enrolling in a program which is going to teach me how to be a Entrepreneurial Sole Proprietor.  The application process is intense, with a very tight deadline for submission.  

So, if you don’t hear from me for a while, all the above is why.  Say goodnight, Gracie.




4 comments:

  1. hope all goes well, Phyllis....good luck.....M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ejoying, as usual, your witty writting and sophisticated descriptions (ex. feuding foes), this time from the same country -Vancouver,BC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace, thank you for the great comment! What in the heck are you doing in BC?

      Delete
  3. Loved it Phyllie! Sums up your life in a nutshell;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - no registering required. Your feedback is important! Thank you in advance.